Sorry about the lack of posting the last couple of days – I’ve been busy and somewhat out of sorts. On the other hand, my birthday’s coming up this week so I’ll be at least having a little bit of fun for that. So because I’m feeling totally out of the posting loop, here are a few things to check out from around the web in lieu of my usual posting spree:
- Bend over, here it comes again: Bush makes a deal with the Democrats for $15 billion in auto aid. Democrats say it should hold them over until Obama gets into office and they can pass something bigger. Commentary by Scott Jacobs.
- Medicare might be finally useful? But good luck getting a prescription for this puppy. h/t: Daily Pundit.
- Underfunded, a teacher turns to selling ads on tests to recoup costs. Good idea? Sure. Unfortunate solution to unfortunate scenario? Definetly. Ace has more.
- Heroin is now a basic human right – at least according to the British, that is. I think I just figured out why Rachel is moving… h/t Ace.
- Terrorists vs Pirates – but where are the ninjas? And who the heck am I supposed to root for?
- More nerd rage from the gays over prop 8. Jonah Goldberg explains why they don’t get it, and Ace nails it home.
- Turns out the rabbi and his wife killed in the Mumbai attacks were expecting their second child, and that the two year old who was spirited out of there by a heroic nanny was beaten while having to watch his parents get tortured and killed. How cheerful.
- Woman swept out to sea during marriage proposal: This is why I’m a fan of being lame: excitement kills.
- And finally, from Ace: After man pays $12k in child support and spends two years in prison for failing to pay it, state finally admits that the child isn’t his. The best part? When ruling on paternity, the judge refused to allow a paternity test.
Have a good weekend, all.