Day three, still no unicorn.
Because I don’t have the energy to come up with a full-size post for each of these, I give thee a bullet list:
- Obama blows off the Salute To Heroes MoH Ball. First president ever to do that since it was started 56 years ago. Whether this shows him to be outright malicious to the military, disrespectful to its veterans, or just plain clueless, it does not bode well for The One.
- Obama issues a draft saying he’ll close Gitmo. He also says he’ll limit the interrogation techniques used from here on foward to those few listed in the Army’s Field Manual. This makes little to no sense, and serves no real beneficial purpose that I can see other than to placate the rabid left.
- When questioned about the new policies, O’s press secretary balks. Hard. Apparently even NBC realizes he’s full of it.
- Obama’s inauguration recieved 35 times the coverage of Bush’s. John at Power Line pretty much echoes my reaction: “only that much more?”
- Jon Stewart realizes that Obama is actually… a lot like Bush in many ways, so far. And that last line, hoping Obama’s a liar? Yeah, I don’t think it’s a joke either.
- Ace has a brilliant piece on how conservatives can get back on track – and it’s actually agreeing with Giuliani. Never thought I’d see “Giuliani” and “brilliant” in the same sentence, so it’s a pleasant surprise. This is Pundit Ace at his best, go check it out.